Travel to Nome
- Nome is served by Alaska Airlines with direct flights from Anchorage. alaskaair.com
- A 5% discount code will be provided upon online registration for the conference.
- A complimentary shuttle service will be provided from the Nome Airport to hotels on: Wednesday, September 12 (Flight 151) and return service from hotels to the airport on: Saturday, September 15 (Flight 153).
- Checker Cab: 907-443-5211
- Mr. Kab: 907-443-6000
- The average fare is $6 one way for anywhere in town.
- Stampede Car Rentals: (907) 443-3838
Fat Bike Rentals
- Kigluaik Endurance Company: (907) 304-1797
- (907) 443-3838
- Aurora Inn is located next to the UAF Northwest Campus
Dredge No 7 Inn and Sluicebox Suites
- (907) 304-1270
- Dredge No. 7 Inn is located a couple miles outside of town and can be reached via bike, taxi, or walking
- Sluicebox Suites is located on the north side of town and is a ten-minute walk to UAF Northwest Campus
- (907) 443-2323
- Nome Nugget Inn is located on Front Street and is approximately a ten-minute walk to UAF Northwest Campus
Bed and Breakfasts:
- Information on local B&Bs can be found at visitnomealaska.com/lodging-in-nome
- A number of Nome residents participate in Airbnb at various locations across town: details available at airbnb.com
The weather can change rapidly in Nome. In the fall it is always a good idea to dress in layers, temperatures can range from the 40’s to the 60’s. A warm jacket, hat, gloves, scarf, and warm socks are all basic gear to bring with you. A comfortable pair of walking shoes are also handy and if you are hiking bring an extra pair of socks, the tundra can be marshy and your feet might get wet.
Nome Convention and Visitors Bureau
Visit the Nome CVB for more information about this vibrant Alaskan community.